Shelburne Family Medical Clinic is seeking a family physician to join their collaborative team of four family physicians, two family practice nurses, and three nurse practitioners.
The position involves in-patient responsibilities at Roseway Hospital (RH) and clinic work. RH provides health care services to approximately 15,000 Shelburne County residents including inpatient, outpatient, and satellite care as well as primary, ambulatory, and emergency care.
Located in Shelburne, RH has 19 inpatient beds and works closely with other health care facilities in Yarmouth, Kentville, Liverpool, Bridgewater, and Halifax. Shelburne County also has a new collaborative practice clinic that provides the opportunity to mentor medical residents enrolled in the Dalhousie Family Medicine Program.
RH provides a range of primary and secondary services through in-patient, outpatient, and satellite programs:
- Barrington clinic
- stroke clinic
- bereavement group
- cardiac care
- continuing care
- diagnostic imaging
- emergency medicine
- internal medicine
- laboratory services (Lockeport)
- outpatient mental health and addiction services
- nutrition and diabetes counseling
- obstetrics & gynecology
- plastic surgery
- recreation therapy
- speech language pathology
- surgery unit
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- a build to capacity within the first two years
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
emergency department coverage, if desired
- all applicants must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
- all family physicians must be eligible for certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- membership with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada ER certification would be considered an asset
Conveniently located an hour from the Yarmouth Ferry and just two hours from Halifax, on Nova Scotia’s beautiful South Shore, the Town of Shelburne is a unique, rural community with a lot to experience.
Our Municipality offers lighthouses, rugged coastlines, white sand beaches, fishing villages with colourful boats and neighbourly people. You can cycle our rural roads, walk our trails, go fishing in our lakes and rivers, paddle in the ocean or sit back and bird watch. For the golfer, we have a beautiful 18 hole golf course in Clyde River and in Birchtown, you can take a guided tour of the new Black Loyalist Heritage Centre and Historical Site, the first freed black settlement in North America. Each day in Sandy Point when the tide is low, you can walk to the lighthouse and in the summer, stop at their Community Centre to enjoy refreshments and ice cream.
The Municipality boasts a rich maritime history and the third best natural harbour in the world. We invite you to come and give yourself a rest from life’s hustle and bustle, where you can enjoy everything we have to offer at your own pace. We value a quality of life that is second to none and we want to share this with you.
Interested candidates may contact:
Dr. Leanne DeLong