Located in Lunenburg, Fisherman's Memorial Hospital provides inpatient, outpatient, emergency, long-term care (LTC), and community-based services. It has 30 beds in addition to a 23 bed Veteran’s Unit. The hospital is well-equipped with diagnostic and treatment services.
In addition, Ambulatory Care has many clinic services throughout the week:
•nutrition and diabetes counseling clinic
•Alternative Level of Care unit (12 beds)
•cardiac respiratory services
•diagnostic imaging (X-ray)
•maternal and child services
•medical unit (six beds)
•mental health and addiction services day program
•palliative care consultation service
•restorative care unit (12 beds)
• provide full scope of practice as an internist and geriatrician
• provide office-based, hospital, on call, and ICU support as required
• contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
• contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned
• provide support to your own site but also to others in the Western Zone if required, which will include travelling clinics.
• responsible to the Zone Department Head for Internal Medicine for their professional responsibilities and quality of practice
• operate within the Medical Staff Bylaws of Nova Scotia Health Authority
• call requirements to be determined based on needs of the community
Lunenburg is a most desirable community for a wide range of individuals. Here, you live in a peaceful place where the air is fresh, the climate is moderate, and where all modern amenities exist – always amidst natural breathtaking beauty. It is a tourist hub during the summer months as it is rich with heritage and vibrant activity. All year-round, residents enjoy the diverse local shops and farmers markets that are never more than a few minutes away.
Lunenburg is steeped in art, music, and culture. There is an abundance of opportunity to take part in community groups like an active heritage society, book clubs, and writing clubs. The town boasts some of the finest restaurants in the Maritimes, yet you will likely find that favourite little coffee shop or pub to meet with friends and family. Art galleries are found on almost every street and live theatre or musical event is never far away. Lunenburg attracts festivals every year like Folk Harbour Music Festival, Festival of Crafts, and Folk Art Festival.
Recreation is abundant. Tennis courts, a golf court, a curling rink, bowling alley, swimming pool, and a community centre overflow with stimulating activities. As a port town, you will often find yourself on well-groomed hiking trails that overlook the working waterfront.
From anywhere in town, the hospital is only a few minutes away. Lunenburg is also only 15-20 minutes away from the Town of Bridgewater, an active community 15-20 minutes away which contains big shopping stores, multiplex theatre, and South Short Regional Hospital.
Build the life and career you want in Lunenburg, starting with this video: Practice Here Now