The Tri County Women's Centre (TCWC) is seeking a part-time or full-time family physician and/or Nurse Practitioner to provide office-based comprehensive primary care in a community health centre during either or both daytime and after-hours clinic hours. The successful candidate may negotiate how many hours they wish to offer at the clinic. We currently offer two days per week, but have a waiting list and know there is a need for increased capacity.
In addition, the successful candidate will provide collaborative delivery of care with their fellow physicians/nurse practitioners if other care providers join the practice. The clinic is located adjacent to the Tri County Women's Centre where complimentary services (i.e. community support worker and trauma therapist) are delivered. TCWC provides the space and administrative support at no cost to the physician.
Leahey Wellness Clinic was originally founded in 2014 as a clinic for women. Due to the demand in the community it was opened up to anyone who does not have a physician.
Full time or part time - currently is part-time, but we can accommodate more, or have more than one physician offering part-time hours at different times
• ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
• be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
• continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
• provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
• operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
• work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
• work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
• participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
• utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR
This position is available for fee-for-service physicians. For physicians who are on an APP or are deemed eligible for an APP, please contact your network lead or department head to discuss incorporating this position into your APP.