Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 350,000 - 400,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee for Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Debt Assistance; Tuition Relief
Other Incentives: Provincial Locum Program
About the Opportunity
Cape Breton Regional Hospital (CBRH), in Sydney, NS, is seeking a full-time General Surgeon with an interest in colorectal health issues such as colorectal cancers, inflammatory bowel disease, and anorectal disease. Candidates with a Colorectal Surgery Fellowship are preferred, but all interested surgeons are encouraged to apply. The opportunity is available immediately. Responsibilities include inpatient and outpatient care, consultations with other physicians, surgical duties, endoscopy, and on-call duties.
CBRH is the regional referral and trauma center for Cape Breton Island. It is a teaching hospital for the Faculty of Medicine of Dalhousie University in Halifax. It is approximately a 200+ bed facility with a busy ICU. The facility serves Cape Breton Regional Municipality and surrounding communities.
Existing staff and supports in our hospital include all diagnostic imaging and radiologist services, laboratory and pathology services, intensive care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, anesthesia, ophthalmology, cardiology, internal medicine, plastic surgery, ENT, urology, and orthopedics.
- Duties include full scope of practice as a general surgeon providing care to patients within the eastern zone and participating in call.
- The physician will be responsible to the Zone Department Head of Surgery for their professional responsibilities and quality of practice, and will operate within the Medical Staff Bylaws of the Nova Scotia Health Authority.
- eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
- eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- membership with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Sydney is a vibrant port city on the edge of the beautiful Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Cape Breton Regional Municipality is the second largest municipality in the province of Nova Scotia. With a population of approximately 115,000, Cape Breton Island is known for its rich Celtic culture and stunning scenery. You will find an island of magnificent natural beauty yet very modern. We host an array of shops, restaurants, golf courses, entertainment and amenities including an airport and cruise ship terminal. In addition, the region remains young, diverse and vibrant as it is the home to Cape Breton University.