The Department of Psychiatry at Dalhousie University is recruiting for a forensic psychiatrist at the East Coast Forensic Psychiatric Hospital.
Training and Experience:
- Forensically trained psychiatrist with at least 5 years of experience working within a forensic mental health service;
- demonstrated leadership and management skills;
- a progressive clinical and academic vision for the forensic mental health service;
- ability to lead and work within a multidisciplinary team;
- solid understanding of the legal framework within which forensic mental health services are delivered;
- able to effectively collaborate with key stakeholders and work flexibly in response to changing organizational requirements.
- Candidates with subspecialty certification in Forensic Psychiatry from the RCPSC preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical leadership to the ECFH’s inter-disciplinary clinical teams
- Ensure the quality of expert evidence provided to the court, review boards and tribunals
- Manage the psychiatry physician workforce at ECFH
- Act as clinical spokesperson, including responding to media requests
- Work with the program leader to develop, plan, and implement programs
- Advance academic excellence through promotion of research and education within ECFH.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, although Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity
Please send your application with a current curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three referees to: Dr. Jason Morrison, Department of Psychiatry DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY 8th Floor, 5909 Veterans' Memorial Lane Halifax, NS B3L 2E2 email@example.com