Requisition ID: 35056
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Tuition Relief; Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program
About This Opportunity
The area of Pubnico-Argyle is seeking a full-time physician to provide comprehensive office-based primary care and nursing home care in the community. The opportunity exists to work collaboratively with other existing providers in the clinic and community. Inpaitent care is not required due to the distance from the hospital.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- uild to capacity within the first two years
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
Located in the Municipality of Argyle, Pubnico is in southwest Nova Scotia and is comprised of several small Acadian villages with a combined population of approximately 3,000 people. A unique and colourful lifestyle flows through Pubnico, the oldest Acadian settlement in the world. This seaside setting is more than beautiful; it’s a watery highway from which this community has long derived much of its livelihood. Exploring, fishing, settling, shipbuilding, trading – the coast and its offshore resources led the region's ancestors to put down roots in this area. Much the same relationship keeps residents here today. For despite all the changes across four centuries, the ocean remains at the economic heart of the Pubnico community. Nature provides the bounty we harvest and safeguard. Just a two and a half hour drive to Nova Scotia's capital city of Halifax, live the life you deserve by the ocean.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.