Requisition ID: 35489
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee For Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Tuition Relief; Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program
About This Opportunity
The family medicine physician group at the Valley Professional Building is seeking a physician to fill a 0.8 FTE and join their team of three family medicine physicians and a family practice nurse. The only dermatologist west of Halifax is located at this practice. The physician will be expected to provide office-based comprehensive primary care and could provide inpatient care at Valley Regional Hospital. Minor procedures can be performed at the practice (liquid nitrogen available). There is an opportunity to work as a preceptor with medical students and residents.
Overhead costs are shared and there is billing support on site. The electronic medical record (EMR) is Accuro. Depending on your professional interests, physicians may shape their practice to include:
- after-hours clinic
- hospitalist work
- emergency department coverage
- surgical assists, etc.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years (new primary care providers)
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
- full-time, flexible
- clinic hours: Monday to Friday
- early morning walk-in and evening clinics are available (currently on hold due to pandemic)
Located in beautiful Annapolis Valley, Kentville is near several award-winning wineries, the Minas Basin - which boasts some of the highest tides in the world - and Acadia University. It offers a vibrant arts community, a strong emphasis on work-life balance, and a variety of well-developed outdoor activities for its 6,200 residents. All within just a one-hour drive to Halifax and an international airport, Kentville is a rural town close to urban amenities.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.