Requisition ID: 34978
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee For Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Tuition Relief; Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program
About This Opportunity
The Centennial Professional Centre is seeking physicians to join their team in a newly renovated office space in Kentville. There are currently four physicians, a family practice nurse, nurse practitioner and an LPN along with an in-house full service retail pharmacy and Atlantic Canada's most comprehensive vein and laser clinic. Overhead costs are shared and office staff are the employees of the physicians at the practice. Offices are fully furnished. The physician will be expected to provide office-based comprehensive primary care. Inpatient care is an option at Valley Regional Hospital (VRH) which is located steps away from the practice.
Be the type of physician you want to be in Nova Scotia. With an increasing focus on team-based care, the opportunity exists to shape your practice to whatever size and scale you desire including inpatient care, hospitalist work, emergency coverage, surgical assists to name a few services available. Physicians have an opportunity to work as a preceptor with medical students and residents as well.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
- full-time or part-time hours available
Located in beautiful Annapolis Valley, Kentville is near several award-winning wineries, the Minas Basin - which boasts some of the highest tides in the world - and Acadia University. It offers a vibrant arts community, a strong emphasis on work-life balance, and a variety of well-developed outdoor activities for its 6,200 residents. All within just a one-hour drive to Halifax and an international airport, Kentville is a rural town close to urban amenities.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.