Requisition ID: 52681
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee For Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Bridgewater is seeking full-time and part-time family physicians. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in areas of personal interest such as local walk-in after hour clinics, inpatient rotation at South Shore Regional Hospital (SSRH), low risk obstetrics, nursing homes, leadership roles, and surgical assist. This is a full scope practice providing care for patients at all stages of life.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, and secondary and tertiary level heath care
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
The Town of Bridgewater is located along the LaHave River and is surrounded by the coastal beaches and fishing communities of the south shore. It is the largest town in this region with a population of over 8,500. Self-titled "The Main Street of the South Shore," Bridgewater has long been established as the primary commercial and professional service centre in the southern half of the province. The community boasts a diverse local economy and is home to larger national and international employers. Physicians build a life and career they love in this beautiful town, as shown in NOW! Lunenburg.
Here, year-round activities like surfing, cycling, hiking, stand up paddleboarding, and sea kayaking await you. Love to sail, or have always wanted to learn? You've come to right place! Camp and explore Kejimkujik National Park or enjoy our abounding craft breweries and wineries. Art galleries and historical escapes provide hours of entertainment in your down time as your explore the wonderful surrounding communities. There is something for everyone in Bridgewater - and all within a one hour commute to Nova Scotia's capital city of Halifax!
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.