Requisition ID: 45238
Opportunity Type: Locum to Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Digby & Area Health Services Centre is looking for a family medicine physician for a locum in a collaborative practice in a bright and welcoming space. Located adjacent to the Digby General Hospital, the staff working at the centre includes nurse practitioners, family practice nurse, a licensed practical nurse, and a clerical team. Several physicians support the practice regularly. The centre has a spacious reception and waiting area, nine exam rooms, a staff kitchen/meeting room, and six office spaces. The exam rooms are fully equipped for primary care, including access to MedAccess - the electronic medical record.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years (new primary care providers)
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
- Guaranteed APP daily rate or fee for service, no overhead
- Minimum of 25-30 scheduled daily appointments
- Collaborate with all team members on patient care
- Participate in orientation and coordinated transition of care as you finish your locum
- Provide feedback on how to improve your experience
- Flexibility to choose dates that are convenient for you and your family, including weekends
- Complimentary access to a furnished apartment (provided by the Digby & Area Health Services Centre Charitable Foundation)
- Efficient orientation to immediately provide care to patients
At the edge of some of the most dynamic marine wonders in the world, Digby is Canada’s Natural Aquarium and a key destination in the tidal-phenomena Bay of Fundy. Known as the home to world-famous Digby scallops, the Digby area features some of the most engaging and authentic experiences anywhere. Millennia of history, centuries of stories, whale watching, coastal intertidal excursions, hiking, fresh seafood and tidal rivers highlight this beautiful area. Digby is an easy drive to the Annapolis Valley, Halifax, Yarmouth and a daily ferry running directly to Saint John, New Brunswick. Golfers will enjoy the Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa as well as other nearby courses. Start your practice in one of our safe communities with your family!
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.