Requisition ID: 113210
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives:
About This Opportunity
The Ravine’s Medical Centre in Bedford is seeking one full-time physician to join their family practice. The new physician will provide Family Practice Care to the community of Bedford. Working with the existing onsite physicians, you will accept new patients from the community and contribute to the after hour care service for the patients of the Ravines Medical Group. All four Clinics use Med Access EMR under the same Enterprise, empowering access to patient health records for collaboration, including after hour care. Ravine’s takes care of the business of medicine for your billings, administrative staffing, management of referrals, management of vaccines, ordering of supplies. Your exam rooms and office space is fully equipped including EMR and computer hardware. Attractive overhead model with no minimum monthly amount and no overhead paid while not in clinic.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examine patients and take their histories, order diagnostic tests and laboratory procedures; advise patients on health care, health promotion, and disease prevention
- Consultation and referral to other medical practitioners’
- Act as a patient’s advocate
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments, inoculations and vaccinations
- Report births, deaths, contagious and other diseases as per Nova Scotia Public Health requirements
- The Ravines Medical Centre is a Collaborative Practice wherein physicians and supporting licensed healthcare professionals collaborate on general healthcare outcome targets, meet to discuss patient care and cover each other patients while a physician is not scheduled in the clinic
- The Clinic also provides locum coverage to support vacation times and physicians who choose to provide health care services at local hospitals, nursing homes etc.
- Days of the week, hours, and number of patients scheduled per shift is tailored to the physician’s preference.
Eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
Eligible for certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Bedford is a suburban community of Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. Halifax, the largest urban area in Atlantic Canada and Nova Scotia's capital city, sits in the center of Nova Scotia's east coast and is an important seaport that looks out over one of the world's largest natural harbors. Halifax is a perfect paradox. We are where land meets sea, old meets new, urban meets rural, and traditional meets trendy. We balance a relaxing pace with modern urban amenities and affordability with world class-experiences. We value our strong historical ties but drive to shake up the norm. This perfect balance makes Halifax one of the best places in the world to visit, no matter what a visitor is looking for: see for yourself in this video! Nature lovers will find sandy beaches, beautiful gardens, and hiking, birding, and beachcombing. Urbanites can enjoy the symphony, live theater, art galleries, and museums, along with a lively nightlife that includes brewpubs and a great culinary scene.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.