Requisition ID: 34325
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 100,000 - 150,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Tuition Relief; Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program
About This Opportunity
Hubbards Medical Centre is seeking a part-time (40 %) family physician to join an evolving collaborative practice which includes three physicians, one family practice nurse, and one podiatrist. The physician will be expected to provide comprehensive family medicine care to the population of Hubbards, Chester, and surrounding area. There is no hospital coverage expectation due to the location.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
Hubbards is located in Western Zone but is still within Halifax Municipality. Existing as a gateway to the South Shore of Nova Scotia, Hubbards boasts lakeside and ocean waterfronts, forest glades, farmland, and an abundance of amenities: the perfect balance between work and living. Conveniently located near the bustling big city and the quiet seaside. Enjoy the feel of close-knit and safe community living equipped with healthcare, schools, green spaces, childcare, and amenities such as shops, restaurants, trails, cultural venues, community centres, and much more. The town hosts The Hubbards Farmers’ Market at the beautiful Hubbards Barn & Community Park in the middle of 6 acres of peaceful woodlands and fields. Explore Queensland Beach, go for a sail from the Hubbards Sailing Club and enjoy lobster dinner at the Shore Club, there are so many ways to spend your down time in Hubbards.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.