Requisition ID: 116949
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 50,000 - 100,000
Type of Remuneration: Other
About the Opportunity
Nova Scotia Health is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Department Head for Internal Medicine in the Eastern Zone. Reporting to the Zone Medical Executive Director, the Department Head is responsible for the operations of the Internal Medicine Medical staff and the scheduling of shifts. The role provides leadership to the Internal Medicine site leads as well as performance management and physician resource planning for members of the department.
The Department Head would:
- represent more than 30 physicians working in Sydney and Antigonish
- oversee the provision of internal medicine services, including Palliative Care across the Eastern Zone
- responsible for the operations of the Internal Medicine Medical staff in the Eastern Zone
- works with Internal Medicine Site Leads to develop a schedule of physicians to ensure coverage of Internal Medicine Departments and appropriate medical administration throughout the zone
- provides leadership to the Internal Medicine site leads as well as performance management and physician resource planning for members of the department.
- MD (with College Certification in Internal Medicine) licensed in Nova Scotia
- evidence of past and ongoing leadership training
Annual Compensation: $50,000-$62,500
To submit your expression of interest please provide a cover letter and CV.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.