Requisition ID: 35046
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Tuition Relief; Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program
About This Opportunity
Berwick Family Practice is seeking a family physician to join their collaborative team of seven family physicians, two residents, nurse practitioner, and a dietician. This is a full scope practice providing care for patients at all stages of life. The physicians participate in the rotation at Western Kings Memorial Health Centre Afterhours Clinic, and some participate in the inpatient rotation at Valley Regional Hospital. Physicians also have an opportunity to work as a preceptor with medical students and residents.
Overhead costs are shared and front office staff are employees of the physicians at the practice. Clerical staff offer billing support.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years (new primary care providers)
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
The Town of Berwick - "Nova Scotia’s Apple Capital" - is nestled in the Annapolis Valley with many apple orchards and farms on the outlying areas. It is home to a range of diverse shops, farmer’s market, restaurants, and cafés. Berwick has a new fire hall and a town hall that includes a library, gymnasium, splash pad and other recreational amenities. It also has a sports complex complete with an ice surface, a walking track, curling club, and fitness centre.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.