Requisition ID: 35522
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: Group Shared Services
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Annapolis Collaborative Practice is seeking a physician to join their team of four family physicians, a resident, a family practice nurse, nurse practitioner, and social worker. All team members work collaboratively to provide patient care, Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) coverage, and inpatient bed (6) rota at the Annapolis Community Health Centre (ACHC).
Expectations would include covering the urgent "duty doctor" days in the primary care side, comprehensive family practice inclusive of teaching residents as part of the Valley Site of Dalhousie Family Medicine, coverage of Emergency Department, coverage of 4 inpatient beds and palliative care beds.
Physicians have the opportunity to work in areas of personal interest (nursing homes, leadership, hospitalist, surgery, etc.) outside of the clinic. Compensation is a group Alternate Payment Plan under the CEC model and the incoming physician would transition into the established group who work together to fulfill the deliverables of the CEC.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years (new primary care providers)
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
Annapolis Royal is idyllically situated between mountain and sea in the Annapolis Valley. Originally inhabited by a strong Mi’kmaq community, the area became home to some of North America’s earliest European settlers in 1605. The area has gained a reputation as a vibrant centre for cultural activity. Over the years, it has become a magnet for visual artists, craftspeople, performers, and writers. Annapolis Royal offers a waterfront shopping area, an enviable selection of restaurants and world class accommodations, important heritage sites, an exciting arts community and theatre, wonderful recreational opportunities, and Canada’s 2015 Garden of the Year winner.
Annapolis Royal is a two-hour drive from Halifax, one-hour and 30-minute drive from the Yarmouth Ferry, and a 30-minute drive from the Digby Ferry.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.