Requisition ID: 34992
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Mahone Bay Medical Centre is seeking a full-time family physician to practice in the beautiful community of Mahone Bay. This is a solo practice which is co-located with another physician and nurse practitioner. The physician will be expected to provide office-based comprehensive primary care as well as in-hospital care, nursing home coverage and participation with the on-call rotation at Fisherman’s Memorial Hospital (FMH) in Lunenburg.
FMH is an acute care community hospital that opened its doors to patients in 1952.
Located in Lunenburg, FMH provides inpatient, outpatient, emergency, long-term care (LTC), and community-based services. It has 30 beds in addition to a 23 bed Veteran’s Unit. The hospital is well-equipped with diagnostic and treatment services.
In addition, Ambulatory care has many clinic services throughout the week:
- general surgery
- internal medicine
- nutrition and diabetes counseling clinic
- plastic surgery
- vascular surgery
- worker’s compensation
- Alternative Level of Care unit (12 beds)
- cardiac respiratory services
- diagnostic imaging (X-ray)
- emergency medicine
- family medicine
- maternal and child services
- medical unit (six beds)
- mental health and addiction services day program
- midwife clinic
- occupational therapy
- palliative care consultation service
- restorative care unit (12 beds)
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
Mahone Bay was settled in 1754 and founded in shipbuilding and logging industries. Its historic harbourfront features "the Three Churches of Mahone Bay," one of the most photographed views in Nova Scotia.
Mahone Bay boasts a simple yet extraordinary quality of life. You will want to experience it all - from history, to unique shops, artisans and culinary experiences, to outdoor adventures. Mahone Bay is the perfect location to live, work, and play on Nova Scotia’s spectacular South Shore. Conveniently situated just 50 minutes from both downtown Halifax and the Annapolis Valley, and just 15 minutes from the Town of Lunenburg, you are never far away from exactly what you need.
Discover more about practing medicine in Mahone Bay Area by watching Practice Here.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.