Requisition ID: 138021
Opportunity Type: Temporary
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Nova Scotia Health is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Medical Site Lead for Digby General Hospital. The Medical Site Lead is accountable to the Zone Medical Executive Director. The Medical Site Lead works with the local physicians to ensure a high standard of patient care is maintained by the medical staff, in accordance with the law, the Bylaws, the Rules and Regulations, licensing and accreditation standards. The Medical Site Lead brings a clinician perspective to all relevant operational and administrative issues with particular focus on quality and patient safety.
- Ensures that medical staff within the site are compliant with the Bylaws and Rules and regulations of the NSHA
- Brings forward issues and perspectives of Medical Staff at the applicable site to the Zone Executive Director for consideration and/or resolution
- Serves as Physician Lead for Emergency Preparedness activities
- Assists in managing site overcapacity issues by being the point of contact for medical staff
- Attends regular department meetings and other committee meetings as assigned by the Zone Medical Executive Director
- Participates in the monitoring of standards, quality, and utilization of resources of the site in the zone
- Participates in any clinical services planning for the zone
- Participates in recruitment/retention activities for the department for the zone
- Provides support in site orientation to new medical staff, and medical learners
- Participates in leadership development and shows a commitment to lifelong learning and acquisition and refinement of leadership capabilities
- Part-time position
- MD licensed in Nova Scotia and privileged with Nova Scotia Health. Evidence of past and ongoing leadership training.
- Application Deadline: August 19th, 2022
- Annual Compensation: $10,000
To submit your expression of interest please provide a cover letter and CV
At the edge of some of the most dynamic marine wonders in the world, Digby is Canada’s Natural Aquarium and a key destination in the tidal-phenomena Bay of Fundy. Known as the home to world-famous Digby scallops, the Digby area features some of the most engaging and authentic experiences anywhere. Millennia of history, centuries of stories, whale watching, coastal intertidal excursions, hiking, fresh seafood and tidal rivers highlight this beautiful area. Digby is an easy drive to the Annapolis Valley, Halifax, Yarmouth and a daily ferry running directly to Saint John, New Brunswick. Golfers will enjoy the Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa as well as other nearby courses. Start your practice in one of our safe communities with your family!
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.