Requisition ID: 153879
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 150,000 - 200,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
The Mental Health and Addiction Program (MHAP) at the Strait Richmond Recovery Support Centre is seeking a 0.6 FTE physician (position can be shared between multiple physicians) to work within a collaborative inter-professional clinical team, providing evidence-informed withdrawal management and related mental health and addiction care in an outpatient withdrawal management setting.
Application Requirement: Please submit via email your expression of interest and CV outlining your experience in relation to the accountabilities for the position to Liz Fraser, ElizabethA.Fraser@nshealth.ca, Physician Recruitment Consultant for the Eastern Zone.
- assess and manage substance use disorder(s);
- work with the clinical team to initiate and monitor withdrawal management protocols;
- assess and manage other medical and psychiatric disorders as indicated;
- conduct risk assessments and interventions for suicide, self/harm or harm to others;
- develop and implement care and discharge plans in collaboration with the client, clinical team, and family;
- support the facilitation transitions of care across a variety of settings;
- provide trauma-informed and culturally safe care;
- provide brief interventions related to substance use and concurrent disorders;
- maintain timely, clear, and accurate health records in adherence to Nova Scotia Health documentation policies.
The Physician (s) will work a total of 37.5hrs/week
Workhours will be Monday-Friday onsite between 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
- Clinical experience in practicing addiction medicine is an asset, but not a requirement
- Experience working in a medical withdrawal management service is an asset; *If no clinical experience in medical withdrawal management, training and mentoring opportunities are available for those with limited or no clinical experience in this setting.
The community of Evanston is located in Richmond County, on the southern coast of scenic Cape Breton Island. Affordable housing, ocean views, easy access to beaches, hiking trails, and an array of outdoor activities make Evanston a great place to have a rewarding career and lifestyle! To learn more about what it's like to work as a physician here, visit:
Cape Breton Doctors
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.