Requisition ID: 35449
Opportunity Type: Locum to Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 300,000 - 350,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About the Opportunity
South Shore Regional Hospital (SSRH), in Bridgewater is seeking an anesthesiologist to join their team of four anesthetists.
South Shore Regional Hospital (SSRH), originally founded in 1988, is a primary and secondary care hospital and designated district trauma centre. SSRH has 85 inpatient beds including medical, surgical, intensive care, obstetrics, and mental health units. Physicians here have an opportunity to work as preceptors with medical students and residents.
Surgeries provided at South Shore Regional Hospital:
- general surgeries except intrathoracic surgeries
- gynecology & Obstetrics with epidural service deliveries
- orthopedics including shoulder surgeries
- plastic surgeries
- maxillofacial surgeries
- dental surgeries for the age population above 5 years old
- pediatric ENT and eye surgeries
- ENT adult surgeries
- ophtalmology surgeries
- urology surgeries
- provide full scope of practice as an anesthesiologist
- provide hospital and call support as required
- contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
- contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned
- provide support to your own site but also to others in the Western Zone if required, which will include day-time coverage and occasional overnight/weekend coverage.
- responsible to the Zone Department Head for Anesthesiology for their professional responsibilities and quality of practice
- operate within the Medical Staff Bylaws of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- permanent full-time
- 1:4 on call requirement
The Town of Bridgewater is located along the LaHave River and is surrounded by the coastal beaches and fishing communities of the south shore. It is the largest town in this region with a population of over 8,500. Self-titled "The Main Street of the South Shore," Bridgewater has long been established as the primary commercial and professional service centre in the southern half of the province. The community boasts a diverse local economy and is home to larger national and international employers. Physicians build a life and career they love in this beautiful town: see for yourself in here!
Here, year-round activities like surfing, cycling, hiking, stand up paddleboarding, and sea kayaking await you. Love to sail, or have always wanted to learn? You've come to right place! Camp and explore Kejimkujik National Park or enjoy our abounding craft breweries and wineries. Art galleries and historical escapes provide hours of entertainment in your down time as your explore the wonderful surrounding communities. There is something for everyone in Bridgewater - and all within a one hour commute to Nova Scotia's capital city of Halifax!
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.