Requisition ID: 147371
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 300,000 - 350,000
Type of Remuneration: Hourly Rate
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre (CRHCC) is seeking full-time Emergency Medicine Physicians to join their team. This newly renovated and expanded Level 2 emergency department provides 24/7 access to emergency services. CRHCC offers a wide range of primary and secondary services through inpatient, outpatient, and community-based services and programs.
24 hour on site physician support services:
- Internal Medicine/ICU
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Neonatal care
- Diagnostic Imagining
- provide leadership in the resuscitation and stabilization of major trauma patients and critically ill patients
- appropriately assess and manage the full spectrum of emergency medicine presentations from injury to unexpected and undifferentiated medical and surgical illness in all ages, to mental health emergencies
- full-time is defined at 1340 hours per annum, and will involve rotational shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Part time work is available and encouraged for those who also want to participate in the hospitalist program or family medicine practices.
- current shifts are 4h or 8h in length, with coverage per day with the option to combine shifts as desired.
The Town of Amherst is located at the northeast end of the Cumberland Basin, an arm of the Bay of Fundy. Known as the gateway to Nova Scotia's culture and heritage, Amherst is the second largest "small town" in Nova Scotia and is known for its vibrant and active community.
Home to the Amherst Ramblers, a junior hockey league, a popular running club, and an annual baseball tournament, an active lifestyle is present in everyday life. Walk, run, cycle, snowshoe or ski along Amherst’s picturesque 1.25 km marshside trail! No matter the season, there is something in Amherst for everyone.
In addition to sport recreation activities, Amherst has an abundance of heritage centres that promote the tourism and business sector. With dozens of independent boutiques, services, restaurants, and chain stores, you'll find all you need here. We are a central hub in close proximity to. We're just a two- hour drive from Halifax, 90 minutes from Stanfield International Airport, an hour from Prince Edward Island, and 40 minutes from Moncton, New Brunswick.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.