Requisition ID: 34331
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee For Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Queens Family Health is seeking a full-time family physician to join their collaborative team consisting of four family physicians, three family practice nurses, one nurse practitioner, one pharmacist and one social worker. The successful candidate will provide office-based comprehensive primary care, with the option to include in-hospital care, emergency department shifts Queens General Hospital (QGH), or nursing home care in their practice.
In this clinic, all team members work collaboratively to provide patient care, and hold regular team meetings. The clinic also operates a walk-in service for patients in the community of which the incoming physician is welcome to be part of the rotation. The successful candidate may also participate in teaching through the family medicine residency program based in Liverpool.
QGH opened its doors to patients in 1949. In 2014, a $16 million modernization of the hospital was complete including the creation of a collaborative health care centre. This upgrade was funded by Queens General Hospital Foundation, community fundraising campaign Keeping Us Strong, Queens Municipality, and the Government of Nova Scotia. Located in Liverpool, QGH is a 22-bed acute care community hospital that offers inpatient, outpatient, and community-based services and programs.
- asthma clinic
- diabetes education
- dialysis unit (satellite QEII renal program)
- family medicine
- geriatrics and pediatrics
- addiction services
- ambulatory care
- cancer care and support services
- cardiac and respiratory services
- diagnostic imaging (EKG)
- emergency medicine
- internal medicine
- medical and surgical unit
- mental health and addiction services
- ostomy and wound care
- palliative care
- rehabilitation services
In addition, the successful candidate may also participate in teaching medical students and family practice residents from Dalhousie Medical School.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- a new primary care provider is expected to build to capacity within the first two years
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
- emergency department coverage would be a great benefit to the community.
- locum, if desired
Located in The Region of Queens, Liverpool offers a wide range of services and amenities, sports and entertainment, and has an abundance of scenic places to walk, swim, and paddle. So come live with us and enjoy the peace and natural beauty of a unique and friendly place!
Queens County spans from forest and farm to lake and ocean. Our pristine white beaches are easily accessible and all just a short drive away. We have several trails, one right in Liverpool where you can walk or jog among the towering pines of Pine Grove Park then loop back into town along the Trestle Trail. There are so many outdoor activities from boating and fishing to horseback riding, there really is no limit to what our landscape has to offer.
Liverpool also has many facilities to relax and stay fit. The Queens Place Emera Centre has an ice rink, walking track, skateboard park, and fitness centre. White Point Beach Resort has a pool, hot tub, sauna and a gourmet restaurant for you and your family to enjoy.
On top of this, Liverpool has baseball fields, a yoga and meditation studio, bowling alley, and many other activities to keep you and your family busy.
Our small town has a lot to offer in amenities and services, with access to all modern necessities: two full size grocery stores (Sobeys and SuperStore), smaller convenience outlets, farmers` market, car dealerships, and mechanics. Whether you want an ocean front property or apartment complex, we have what you're looking for all for a great cost. To learn more about living and working in Liverpool, please see Story of the doctors at Queens General and www.doctors-wanted.ca.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.