Requisition ID: 35779
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 365,000
Type of Remuneration: LFM - Longitudinal Family Medicine
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
The Village of Lawrencetown is seeking a full-time family physician to provide office-based comprehensive primary care in Annapolis County. The successful candidate will also be able to participate in inpatient rota at Soldiers Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Middleton.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years (new family physicians)
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
Located between the North and South Mountains in the Annapolis Valley, Lawrencetown is a picturesque village along the Annapolis River. Lawrencetown is proud to be the home of the world-renowned Nova Scotia Community College's Centre of Geographic Sciences, which specializes in the fields of study of Geomatics, Engineering, and Surveying.
In 2011, Lawrencetown became the first community in Canada to be recognized by the Canadian Wildlife Federation as a Certified Backyard Habitat. Lawrencetown is located halfway between the urban centres of Halifax and Yarmouth. Primarily a rural farming community, it hosts the annual Annapolis Valley Exhibition during the third week of August which attracts visitors from all over the Maritimes. Watch: Have It All
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.