Requisition ID: 35153
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternative Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program; Relocation Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Kingston Family Health Centre is seeking a family physician to join this collaborative team of three family physicians, a family practice nurse, two nurse practitioners, licensed nurse practitioner (LPN), as well as weekly social worker, dietician and occupational therapist services. This is a turn-key clinic operated by Nova Scotia Health Authority. Physicians in this practice complete their billings on their own or hire billing support. This clinic has minor procedures performed on site and other procedures are performed at Soldiers Memorial Hospital (SMH). Physicians have the opportunity to work in local walk-in clinics or as part of the inpatient rotation at SMH.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years (new primary care providers)
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
- clinic hours: Monday - Friday
Kingston is a village in the Annapolis Valley surrounded with rich farmland and fruit orchards. It has a population of around 4,000 residents who live just 20 minutes away from the world's highest tides, Oaklawn Farm Zoo, and an even shorter distance from the Military Aviation Museum, McMaster Mill Historic Park, and a shopping mall in Greenwood. Enjoy a picnic in the shade next to the local duck pond or walk the fitness trail at Stronach Park and Family Fitness Trail. Walk, bike, or ride an ATV/snowmobile on the old rail bed that runs through Kingston or launch a canoe or kayak on the nearby Annapolis River or play in one of the villages playgrounds. There's so much to do and see in Kingston! Watch: Have It All
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.