Requisition ID: 45181
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 365,000
Type of Remuneration: LFM - Longitudinal Family Medicine
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About This Opportunity
Chester Community Clinic at Our Health Centre, a community based collaborative family practice group located just outside the Halifax Regional Municipality, is seeking full-time or part-time physicians to join the practice. The clinic consists of a very collegial and supportive group of four physicians, an NP and a FPN. Inpatient care are not expected due to the distance from the hospital. Clinic has a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record, and very supportive admin staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examine patients and take their histories, order diagnostic tests and laboratory procedures; advise patients on health care, health promotion, and disease prevention
- Consultation and referral to other medical practitioners’
- Act as a patient’s advocate
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments, inoculations and vaccinations
- Report births, deaths, contagious and other diseases as per Nova Scotia Public Health requirements
- full-time or part-time
- paid through Alternate Payment Plan
- Eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
- Eligible for certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
The Municipality of Chester is noted for sailing, stately homes, magnificent gardens and a relaxed lifestyle where the scenic beauty will capture your heart, but the collegial nature of the group and the newly constructed clinic are just as enticing. Residents continue to be attracted to the island picnics, summer yacht races during Chester Race Week, garden parties, band concerts, kayaking, the 18-hole golf course and tennis courts, as well as marvelous restaurants, boutiques, art galleries and craft shops. To learn more about living and practicing in Chester check out Love Where You Work.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.