Requisition ID: 163812
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 0 - 25,000
Type of Remuneration: Other
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs:
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
About the Opportunity
Nova Scotia Health is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Specialty Site Lead for Colchester East Hants Health Centre in the Northern Zone. The Specialty Site Lead (W&CH) is accountable to the Zone Medical Executive Director. The Specialty Site Lead (W&CH) works with the local physicians to ensure a high standard of patient care is maintained by the medical staff, in accordance with the law, the Bylaws, the Rules and Regulations, licensing and accreditation standards. The Site Specialty Lead brings a clinician perspective to all relevant operational and administrative issues with particular focus on quality and patient safety.
- Ensures that medical staff of the Department are compliant with the Bylaws and Rules and regulations of the NSHA;
- Brings forward issues and perspectives of Department Medical Staff at the applicable site to the Zone Executive Director and/or Zone Department Head for consideration and/or resolution;
- Serves as Physician Lead for Emergency Preparedness activities;
- Assists in managing site overcapacity issues from Department’s perspective by being the point of contact for Department medical staff;
- Ensures service continuity is maintained through Department scheduling practices, including but not limited to establishing an equitable on-call schedule, approving and managing vacation, and utilizing locums;
- Chairs, regular department meetings and attends other committee meetings as required, or assigned by the Zone Medical Executive Director or Zone Department Head;
- Participates in the monitoring of standards, quality, and utilization of resources of the Department in the zone; including all the necessary reporting and auditing as required;
- Participates in any clinical services planning for the Department;
- Participates in respectful workplace responsibilities as needed in conjunction with relevant Department Head;
- Participates in recruitment/retention activities for the Department; this includes providing an up-to-date roster of Department medical staff;
- Participates in new hire and onboarding processes as needed in conjunction with the Department Head;
- Participates in Leadership development and shows a commitment to lifelong learning and acquisition and refinement of leadership capabilities;
- Leads the incident review process for the site, in liaison with Quality and Patient Safety representatives, including all required family meetings.
MD licensed in Nova Scotia and privileged with Nova Scotia Health. Evidence of past and ongoing leadership training.
$5,000 – $10,000 (individual compensation will be set based on previous experience)
Application Deadline: August 25th 2023
To submit your expression of interest please provide a cover letter and CV through the Success Factors Portal.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.